Monday, July 12, 2010

Mom said it best

I am sure many of us can recall these famous phrases that our mom's have said at one point in time:

Take your plate into the kitchen, please.
Take it downstairs when you go. Don't leave it there, take it upstairs.
Is that yours?
I'm talking to you.
Just a minute, please, can't you see I'm talking?
I said, don't interrupt.
Did you brush your teeth?
What are you doing out of bed?
Go back to bed.
You can't watch in the afternoon.
What do you mean there's nothing to do?
Go outside.
Read a book.
Turn it down.
Get off the phone.
Tell your friend you'll call her back. Right now!
Hello, no she's not home.
She's still not home.
She'll call you when she gets home.
Take a jacket. Take a sweater.
Take one anyway.
Someone left his shoes in front of the TV.
Get the toys out of the hall.
Get the toys out of the bathtub.
Get the toys off the stairs.
Do you realize that could kill someone?
Hurry up.
Hurry up. Everyone's waiting.
I'll count to ten and then we're going without you.
Did you go to the bathroom?
If you don't go, you're not going.
I mean it.
Why didn't you go before you left?
Can you hold it?
What's going on back there?
Stop it.
I said, stop it!
Stop it, or I'm taking you home right now.
That's it. We're going home.
Give me a kiss.
I need a hug.
Delia Ephron

I think my dad may have said a few more of these lines than my mom, but it does bring me back to my childhood. Fond memories of pulling hair, long car rides, and those steps that i had to walk up and down for leaving the lights on and next time I was going to have to pay the electrical bill! Before I knew it, I turned into my mom! Most of these I am now saying to my littles. I hope this flooded you with memories and you laughed, just as I did!

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, I did laugh and tear up as well. LOL Because I know this time with my kids I will never get back. I already miss it! They are needing me less each day. My kids are 15, 11, 9, and 6. They are all in school now. I love reading things like this because it makes me stop doing whatever it is I think is so darn important, and pay more attention to my kids. So thank you for posting this and making me take a break. :)

    ReplyDelete