Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom! and Happy Engagement Nicole!

My mom is turning 50 in a few days. On Saturday we had a surprise birthday party for her, she claimed she knew something was up. Shelby, my 6 year old, made caramels for the party and sold them to raise money for our relay for life event. The money goes to American Cancer Society. She was such a good salesperson! She made over $12! Let's just say the grown-ups partied it up that night. I enjoyed time in the hot tub with my brother, Chris, and his girlfriend, Michelle.

Nicole gave me great news this week. I get to be a bridesmaid! I cried and so did she. I am so excited about planning her bridal shower that I can't wait! I worry though, she plans to get married the end of October but hasn't made to many real decisions on what she wants such as flowers and where it is going to be. I hope she can get everything she wants by the time she wants. It usually takes a good year to plan a wedding but I think she is keeping it small like only 100 guests. I have asked a friend to design a dishcloth that I could knit and give to guests at the bridal shower. I can't decide what kind of design to put along with their name. It is a fall wedding.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment