Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Outline Time!

My outline is due at the end of this week, which in school is Tuesday night. I have started it and I am going to keep updating this post the more I get done. I need your feedback. All comments, critical or not, or very welcome!

Teen Sexual Education: Preventions working together

I. Many teenagers are still sexually active resulting in sexual transmitted diseases (STDs) and/or pregnancy.
A. In 2007 the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated 19 million new cases of a STD occur each year, almost half of them are between the ages of 15 to 24. (Trends)
B. In 2006, more than 440,000 births were to teenager (USDHHS).
1. Between 2005 to 2007 there has been a 5% increase in teen pregnancies. (Hamilton, Martin, Ventura
C. Multiple sexual education programs have been taught across the nation's school system, but they seem to be lacking effect in decreasing teen pregnancies and STDs.
1. We need a better education program not only for the teens but the parents and teaching staff as well to explain the benefits of abstinence and the possible risks and outcomes to early sexual activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment