Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life

Maybe the marriage I believed would last a lifetime has ended. Maybe I never married. Maybe I reached out in love and created a child. Whatever route has led me to this place, here I am, a single mom. Here can be a very good place, or a very bad one. It can be a place of intense sadness or a place of singular joy. I have likely experienced moments of both.

Being a single parent is one of the hardest things I will endeavor, as if I haven't been told that enough by peers. A married friend with best intentions says "I don't know how you do it." All I want to say, I don't have a choice, I'm all they have! Single parenting is difficult. What two parents often struggle to accomplish all weighs on me. But I look at single parenting as a privilege. I decide where we have vacation, I decide what kind of disclipine they will get, and there is no 'mom said o so ask dad.' I am the beginning and ending vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment